CLDC is developing a social enterprise development strategy for County Clare and has commissioned Method Consultants to work with us in undertaking the work.
The National Social Enterprise Policy for Ireland 2019-2022 defines social enterprise as follows:
- An enterprise whose objective is to achieve a social, societal or environmental impact, rather than maximising profit for its owners or shareholders.
- It pursues its objectives by trading on an ongoing basis through the provision of goods and/or services, and by reinvesting surpluses into achieving social objectives.
- It is governed in a fully accountable and transparent manner and is independent of the public sector. If dissolved, it should transfer its assets to another organisation with a similar mission.
The consultation process has three strands:
- A survey and mapping exercise of social enterprises in County Clare
- A wide consultation process open to all interested parties in County Clare
- A more detailed consultation process, involving interviews and focus group discussion with key stakeholders with an interest or remit in developing the social enterprise sector in the county.
We are now inviting contributions and submissions from interested parties and groups, including community and voluntary organisations, state agencies, and other stakeholders to contribute to the strategic planning process.
Click here to download the submission form.