If you are from the Roma community in Ireland and require information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) you can call 087 1264606, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. You can call to receive general information on the Coronavirus, as well as advice on accessing medical care if you feel unwell. This information can be provided in Romanes and Romanian.
Pentru Rromii care locuiesc în Irlanda!. Sunați la 087 126 4606 pentru informații generale despre Coronavirus (COVID-19), servicii medicale la care sa apelați dacă nu vă simțiți bine sau alte informații, toate în limbile Rromani și Română.De Luni până Duminică între orele 9 și 21.
Pokud jste z romské komunity v Irsku a potřebujete informace o Coronavirus (COVID-19), můžete zavolat na 087 1264606, pondělí-pátek, 9:00 – 21:00. Pokud se necítíte dobře, můžete zavolat k získání obecných informací o přípravku Coronavirus a také rady o přístupu k lékařské péči. Tyto informace lze poskytnout v romštině a rumunštině.
Please see here for Roma specfic resources and information to assit the Roma community during the COVID-19 crisis.
The Department of Justice and Equality have provided funding to Clare Local Development Company under the Traveller and Roma Inclusion Strategy 2017-2021, to deliver a Roma Inclusion Project in Co. Clare 2018- 2020.
The aim of the project is to support the Roma Community in the following areas:
• Improvements in overall English literacy for the Roma Community
• Greater integration of Roma in community activities in Co. Clare
• Stronger intercultural ties between Roma and the wider community in Co. Clare
• Increased health, wellbeing, employability and integration of the Roma Community in Co. Clare
The Co. Clare Roma Inclusion Project works with Roma families living in the Ennis and Kilrush area.
Speaking English is actively encouraged throughout all activities.
Examples of programmes which have taken place since the project began in April 2018 are:
- Art Classes for parents and kids.
- Zumba classes for women.
- A trip to Fota Island Cork for 20 Roma Families.
- Intercultural community events were organised with Roma music and food for families to come together.
- Christmas community event at The Planet Activity Centre in Ennis.
- Lampshade and jewellery making workshops in partnership with Ennis Community College.
- Crochet and knitting classes are starting in Kilrush for Roma and other new communities.
Roma Inclusion Project News
This video has a range of information on Covid 19 for those who speak Czech
Forum was organised by Pavee Point Traveller and Roma Centre and the National Traveller Women’s Forum
Supporting Roma parents who have children attending school to access Social Protection payments.
Rares-Mihai Nicula, Roma Project Officer, Dublin City Community Co-Op gives advice on mental wellbeing
Read our current newsletter for programme updates, news & resources.
Resources and information for groups including Roma, Travellers, Migrants & Homeless people.
All people – documented or undocumented can apply for hardship payments and access information from social welfare services free from fear during COVID19
The newsletter provides current information on our programmes and useful resources to keep people safe and informed during COVID-19 health crisis.
Videos and written Roma specific resources to help share the messaging around Covid-19
Tica Muntean, Pavee Point Roma Programme and Danut Nae of Cairde give important information on self-isolating and staying at home for Roma in Ireland during COVID19.