Join us on Sept 29th, from 3pm – 6 pm, in the Templegate Hotel in Ennis!
Clare Local Development Company, Clare Volunteer Centre and Clare Public Participation Network invite you to join us at ‘Connecting Communities in Clare’, an afternoon of networking and workshops for volunteers, activists, community leaders, charity trustees and members of community groups.
Why you should come?
* To be inspired, revitalised, and connected
* For practical skills around collaboration, participation, advocacy, communication, inclusion, resilience building, telling your story and more.
* Meet other people in the community who are making a difference
* Meet the agencies and networks that can give you the support you need
* For the craic, the chats, and the free snacks!
After a tumultuous few years resulting in burn out for many, it is time to rebuild, celebrate our successes to date and to share our suggestions for the future of Clare communities.
“So many people who are involved in their communities are burnt out, exhausted, overwhelmed, or fed up,” says Anna Swisher, the keynote speaker for this event. “It’s very easy to feel like you’re going at it alone. But you’re not. We’re all in it together. And we’re part of a much bigger story, and each of us is playing a significant role. It’s really important to take a moment to step back, reconnect, and remember why we’re doing this in the first place.”
Anna Swisher facilitates “Active Hope” programs for community groups and organisations that restore, revitalise and inspire people to meet the adversities they face with more creativity and resilience. Following the keynote speech, round table workshops will be facilitated by staff of the partner organisations, to share knowledge and practical skills for building community impact.
Places are limited so please reserve a FREE ticket here: