Calling all Social Enterprises and community groups or other organisations interested in becoming a social enterprise.
CLDC along with our colleagues in North Tipperary Development Company, Ballyhoura Development and PAUL Partnership Limerick are delighted to invite you to attend our Midwest Social Enterprise Networking Event on Thursday 20th October 11am-1pm.
The event will be a great opportunity to meet with other Social Enterprise across the region and share experiences and ideas. You are welcome to bring any pop ups or promotional material for display.
THURSDAY OCT 20TH, 2022, Newport Community Centre, 11am – 1pm
(V94 EY72). Refreshments and light lunch provided.
Click here to register for the event. Click here to download the information poster.
Look forward to seeing you there.
CLDC are delighted to offer the following FREE online enterprise training in September & October
- Plan your time and increase you productivity – Sept 20th and 22nd – 3pm – 5pm– .This training on planning your time and increasing your productivity recognises that in business, we are pulled in many directions. There never seems to be enough time in the day. For full details and to book your place click here
- LEAN your business to increase efficiency – Oct 5th- 10am – 4pm. How small business owners can increase efficiency. What is LEAN Thinking and practice? As a methodology grounded in purpose, people, and process, LEAN is a practical way to create more value with fewer resources. For full details and to book your place click here
- 5 Key Elements To Increase Sales on Shopify –Oct 4th 2022 – 4pm – 6pm. This webinar will show you what aspects of your ecommerce business you need to focus on and how you can use all the amazing tools Shopify provides to maximum effect. Suitable for existing Shopify store owners. For full details and to book your place click here
- Canva for Social Media – Oct 6th and Oct 13th from 2pm -4pm. Stop customers scrolling past your business on social media. Design amazing posts with Canva, a FREE design platform that is easy to use and makes you lookprofessional and approachable online. For full details and to book your place click here
- Health Check Your Business – Oct 17th and Oct 20th 2022 – 4pm – 6pm. This training will assist you to Health Check your business and identify areas for improvement to support you in growing your business. Over the 2 sessions we will review current business challenges and what needs attention. For full details and to book your place click here
For the full list of all upcoming training click here
This programme is being provided by Clare Local Development Company and funded under the LEADER Programme. Clare Local Development Company provides a wide range of local development services including training, work placements, grants and advice
SICAP has won a 2022 UN Public Service Award for “Institutional resilience and innovative responses to the COVID-19 pandemic”. This prestigious award is a welcome recognition for the significant community support provided by SICAP during the pandemic, in Clare and across the country.
Welcoming the award, Doirin Graham, CEO, CLDC said ‘ For CLDC it is an important endorsement of our work and in particular of the dedication, capability and integrity of the SICAP team. It is a great credit to their work and their frontline SICAP colleagues around the country. Many congratulations to all the SICAP staff’
Read the Department of Rural & Community Development press release here
The Western Development Commission has launched a new interactive map for social enterprises operating in the western region covering Clare, Galway, Roscommon, Mayo, Sligo, Leitrim and Donegal.
To date they have identified 288 social enterprises within the region but believe there are a lot more to capture. If your social enterprise is not on the map, now is your opportunity to increase your visibility and highlight the services you provide.
We are encouraging all social enterprises in Clare to complete a short survey to register and confirm their details on the map.
The survey can be accessed here The map is available here
Read our May 2022 newsletter here
CLDC is developing a social enterprise development strategy for County Clare and has commissioned Method Consultants to work with us in undertaking the work.
The National Social Enterprise Policy for Ireland 2019-2022 defines social enterprise as follows:
- An enterprise whose objective is to achieve a social, societal or environmental impact, rather than maximising profit for its owners or shareholders.
- It pursues its objectives by trading on an ongoing basis through the provision of goods and/or services, and by reinvesting surpluses into achieving social objectives.
- It is governed in a fully accountable and transparent manner and is independent of the public sector. If dissolved, it should transfer its assets to another organisation with a similar mission.
The consultation process has three strands:
- A survey and mapping exercise of social enterprises in County Clare
- A wide consultation process open to all interested parties in County Clare
- A more detailed consultation process, involving interviews and focus group discussion with key stakeholders with an interest or remit in developing the social enterprise sector in the county.
We are now inviting contributions and submissions from interested parties and groups, including community and voluntary organisations, state agencies, and other stakeholders to contribute to the strategic planning process.
Click here to download the submission form.