Young People and their Mental Health
Clare Local Development Company works with Clare Youth Service to promote positive mental health amongst children and young people.
Clare Youth Service delivers two targeted workshops to groups of young people in Co. Clare.
The first workshop encourages young people to get their 5 A DAY to support their mental health.
These 5 a Day are:
1. Connect -With the people around you. With family, friends, colleagues and neighbours. At home, work, school or in your local community. Think of these as the cornerstones of your life and invest time in developing them. Building these connections will support and enrich you every day.
2. Be active -Go for a walk or run. Step outside. Cycle. Play a game. Garden. Dance. Exercising makes you feel good. Most importantly, discover a physical activity you enjoy and that suits your level of mobility and fitness.
3. Take notice -Be curious. Catch sight of the beautiful. Remark on the unusual. Notice the changing seasons. Savour the moment, whether you are walking to work, eating lunch or talking to friends. Be aware of the world around you and what you are feeling. Reflecting on your experiences will help you appreciate what matters to you.
4. Keep learning -Try something new. Rediscover an old interest. Sign up for that course. Take on a different responsibility at work. Fix a bike. Learn to play an instrument or how to cook your favourite food. Set a challenge you will enjoy achieving. Learning new things will make you more confident as well as being fun.
5. Give-Do something nice for a friend, or a stranger. Thank someone. Smile. Volunteer your time. Join a community group. Look out, as well as in. Seeing yourself, and your happiness, linked to the wider community can be incredibly rewarding and creates connections with the people around you.
The second workshop is about Cyber Safety and protecting yourself online. This workshops asks the young people to consider what they are publicizing about themselves and how to protect their data. This workshop is one that Clare Youth Service developed in conjunction with MacAfee and was endorsed and launched by the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs.
“Young people love being online but we have to think about safety more, sometimes an app or a conversation can be so engaging young people may forget who can see what. There’s huge benefits to the internet and we are fortunate to be so connected but we also see bullying and even more worrying things happening online. The youth service is a great place to talk about these and for young people to be open about what happens online and how we feel about it. This a great programme with really knowledgeable people to improve the online environment for young people” Said Margaret Slattery from Clare Youth Services
Both these workshops are rolled out in Post Primary schools and informal education settings throughout the county.
Connecting for Life Mid-West
Clare Local Development Company is a member of the Implementation Group of Connecting for Life Mid-West Strategy.
April 2023 – Public Consultations throughout Clare for new LEADER plan!
Come on out, add your voice, have your say!
FREE Clare Invasive Species Biodiversity Training!
The time to register is NOW! Training starts early March, but it’s not too late to join!
Launch of the Clare Social Enterprise Network
Our Rural Future: Minister Humphreys announces details of new €180 million LEADER Programme
Call to interested groups to deliver the new LEADER programme
Put your Social Enterprise on the Map
Raising awareness of social enterprises
1 day practical training course for the control of Japanese Knotweed
Lisdoonvarna & Kilrush
May 2022 Newsletter
Read our latest newsletter for Programme updates & news
Making your home more energy efficient
SEAI Grants Available to create a warmer & more comfortable home
Social Enterprise Development Strategy for Clare
We would like to hear your thoughts.
February 2022 Newsletter
CLDC News & Programme Highlights
If you would like more information contact Darina on +353 65 686 6800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org