Course Aim: To provide training relevant to working in the hospitality sector for individuals who are eager to work within the industry.
Part 1: Introduction to Counter Service/Customer Service
- Appreciate the importance of the customer to an organisation
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the frontline representative of an organisation
- Understand the teamwork necessary to meet customer needs and expectations
- Be familiar with relevant legislation.
- Develop a customer-oriented quality service consistent with best practice and standards.
- Be able to respond appropriately to inappropriate/argumentative customer behaviour.
Part 2: Employer and Employee Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding of employer expectations when working within the hospitality sector.
- Understanding of the key competencies and attributes that are essential for working in the hospitality sector.
- Understanding of employee rights and responsibilities.
- Understanding of appropriate behaviour in the work place.
Part 3: HACCP Level 1
- Identify the hazards and risks associated with food preparation.
- Define food poisoning, understand how it occurs.
- Identify the main causes of food contamination.
- Explain the importance of correct handling, storage, preparation, and cooking of food.
- Explain the legal responsibilities of the employee working with food.
- List the structural requirements of a food premises.
- Recognise a pest infestation and know how to implement controls.
- Define HACCP
Part 4: Barista Skills
- Understand the features and requirements for beverage counter service.
- Serve beverages safely and efficiently.
- Use a commercial espresso machine to produce a range of types of coffees and other beverages.
- Prepare and serve food items typically associated with cafes
Allow all participants to gain knowledge and skills relevant to the hospitality sector, both practical and theoretical.
If you want any further information about upcoming training opportunities, please fill out the below form.