Training Support to Employment Guidelines

Clare Local Development Company, under it’s Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme have a Training Support to Employment (TSE) fund that may help you to complete a training course that will lead to employment.


  • Applicants must;
    1. be a minimum of 9 months unemployed
    2. have Leaving Certificate, QQI Level 5 or less
    3. be experiencing disadvantage
  • The training course must lead directly to employment/self-employment.
  • If you are in receipt of a Social Welfare payment, you must show that you are unable to access funding from DEASP, please speak to your Case Officer first.
  • The maximum amount of funding that you can apply for is €500
  • The focus is on short-term courses, maximum length is 12 months.
  • Only courses up to and including QQI level 5 will be considered under this fund.
  • Industry related training can be considered.
  • Applications can only be made towards the cost of course and exam fees, no other costs are eligible.
  • If the course cost exceeds €500, you will have to show that you are able to pay the additional costs.
  • If the course cost is under €500, if successful in your application, we will aim to cover up to 90% of course costs with you covering the remaining 10%, subject to availability of funding.
  • The TSE funding is open 4/5 times per year, only applications that show a definite offer of employment will be considered outside of these times.
  • On completion of the course we request a copy of your certificate
  • If you move into employment or self-employment we request that you let us know.
  • You are only allowed one successful application per year.
  • Applications are subject to eligibility and funding constraints.


Contact Helen

If you would like more information about training support to employment contact Helen on 087 932 8168, Email: