Course Aim: To provide an overview of self-employment as a viable option for individuals who are unemployed and are receiving supports under the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP). The Start Your Own Business (SYOB) course will give individuals who are considering setting up a business key information and practical steps for them to take.
The course content is designed to support micro and small enterprises to develop and create sustainable self employed job opportunities through a series of capacity building sessions, including but not limited to:
- Traits of the Entrepreneur, Am I suited to being self-employed?
- Setting up a business – types of business and legal implications.
- Funding my business, set up costs and getting support
- Marketing- making my business work, creating a market for my business
- Sales and financial forecasting – Profit &Loss and Cash Flow
- Business accounts.
- Understanding your customer. Profiling your customer
- Finalising your Business Plan including Market Research, Financial Planning/Forecasting & Self and business SWOT analysis.
- Unique Selling Points of Your Business.
- Start-up supports – Clare Local Enterprise Office, LEADER, Chambers of Commerce, DSP Grants.
Upon completion of the course, it is proposed that all who attend in full will leave with the following;
- Business plan template complete or near competition
- Understand what supports are available
- Understand who are the business customers
- Know how to promote a business
- Understand the basics of managing business money and how to work with my accountant
Course Duration: 4 sessions, 2.5 to 3hrs in duration per session. The course runs over 10 to 12 hours in full.
Cost: €0.00. This course is fully funded under SICAP.
Next Couse Dates
November 27th, 28th, 29th & 30th
If you want any further information about upcoming training opportunities, please fill out the below form.