Clare Local Development Company (CLDC) have engaged Dr. Frances Giaquinto and Nicholas Head to provide a free one day practical training course for the control of Japanese Knotweed for community members and landowners living in Lisdoonvarna/Doolin and Kilrush/Kilkee.
Learn how to:
- Identify knotweed and to recognise the differences between the various types of knotweed
- Assess the severity of an infestation
- Work out the best control method
- Use herbicide safely without causing harm to yourself or the environment.
Training will take place in the following locations
- Lisdoonvarna (Pavilion Hall), Wednesday 7th September, 2022, 10am-3pm
- Kilrush (Parish Hall), Wednesday 14th September, 2022, 10am-3pm
The training will be classroom and field based. All participants will receive a training manual which they can use for future reference.
To express an interest in participating in the training or to find out more, please email Gerry McDonagh, CLDC at firstname.lastname@example.org or Fran Giaquinto at email@example.com