Course Aim: This course is for micro and small size business owners who wish to prepare and file their annual income tax return with Revenue. The course should guide participants through the process of preparing and filing a tax return. The course outlines the basics of setting up a business, keeping financial records and making informed financial decisions.
- Tips on good bookkeeping practices & what records to keep.
- Income and expenses to include in arriving at taxable profit.
- Allowable and non- allowable expense when arriving at taxable profit.
- How to calculate taxable profit.
- Allowances on business assets.
- Pension deductions.
- Tax treatment of Revenue & Capital Grants.
- Demonstration on how to file returns and make payments using ROS.
- Deadline for filing income tax return.
- Preliminary tax – how to prepare for it, how to calculate it and when to pay it?
- What happens if you initially make Losses and how to utilise them.
- Affordable accounts software.
- Revenues criteria to become self employed.
- Knowledge on the type of financial records required.
- Ability to prepare and file an annual income tax return with Revenue.
Course Duration: 2 to 2.5 hour online sessions over 3-4 classes.
Cost: €0.00. This course is fully funded under SICAP.
If you want any further information about upcoming training opportunities, please fill out the below form.
Get in touch if you would like to discuss any of the supports we offer.
Our office is located at Unit 1, Westgate Business Park, Kilrush Road, Ennis, Co. Clare
Our eircode is V95 PXY3. You can use this code with Google Maps to bring you directly to our office.