Calling all Social Enterprises and community groups or other organisations interested in becoming a social enterprise.
CLDC along with our colleagues in North Tipperary Development Company, Ballyhoura Development and PAUL Partnership Limerick are delighted to invite you to attend our Midwest Social Enterprise Networking Event on Thursday 20th October 11am-1pm.
The event will be a great opportunity to meet with other Social Enterprise across the region and share experiences and ideas. You are welcome to bring any pop ups or promotional material for display.
THURSDAY OCT 20TH, 2022, Newport Community Centre, 11am – 1pm
(V94 EY72). Refreshments and light lunch provided.
Click here to register for the event. Click here to download the information poster.
Look forward to seeing you there.
Clare Local Development Company (CLDC) have engaged Dr. Frances Giaquinto and Nicholas Head to provide a free one day practical training course for the control of Japanese Knotweed for community members and landowners living in Lisdoonvarna/Doolin and Kilrush/Kilkee.
Learn how to:
- Identify knotweed and to recognise the differences between the various types of knotweed
- Assess the severity of an infestation
- Work out the best control method
- Use herbicide safely without causing harm to yourself or the environment.
Training will take place in the following locations
- Lisdoonvarna (Pavilion Hall), Wednesday 7th September, 2022, 10am-3pm
- Kilrush (Parish Hall), Wednesday 14th September, 2022, 10am-3pm
The training will be classroom and field based. All participants will receive a training manual which they can use for future reference.
To express an interest in participating in the training or to find out more, please email Gerry McDonagh, CLDC at firstname.lastname@example.org or Fran Giaquinto at email@example.com
CLDC are delighted to offer the following FREE online enterprise training in September & October
- Plan your time and increase you productivity – Sept 20th and 22nd – 3pm – 5pm– .This training on planning your time and increasing your productivity recognises that in business, we are pulled in many directions. There never seems to be enough time in the day. For full details and to book your place click here
- LEAN your business to increase efficiency – Oct 5th- 10am – 4pm. How small business owners can increase efficiency. What is LEAN Thinking and practice? As a methodology grounded in purpose, people, and process, LEAN is a practical way to create more value with fewer resources. For full details and to book your place click here
- 5 Key Elements To Increase Sales on Shopify –Oct 4th 2022 – 4pm – 6pm. This webinar will show you what aspects of your ecommerce business you need to focus on and how you can use all the amazing tools Shopify provides to maximum effect. Suitable for existing Shopify store owners. For full details and to book your place click here
- Canva for Social Media – Oct 6th and Oct 13th from 2pm -4pm. Stop customers scrolling past your business on social media. Design amazing posts with Canva, a FREE design platform that is easy to use and makes you lookprofessional and approachable online. For full details and to book your place click here
- Health Check Your Business – Oct 17th and Oct 20th 2022 – 4pm – 6pm. This training will assist you to Health Check your business and identify areas for improvement to support you in growing your business. Over the 2 sessions we will review current business challenges and what needs attention. For full details and to book your place click here
For the full list of all upcoming training click here
This programme is being provided by Clare Local Development Company and funded under the LEADER Programme. Clare Local Development Company provides a wide range of local development services including training, work placements, grants and advice
SICAP has won a 2022 UN Public Service Award for “Institutional resilience and innovative responses to the COVID-19 pandemic”. This prestigious award is a welcome recognition for the significant community support provided by SICAP during the pandemic, in Clare and across the country.
Welcoming the award, Doirin Graham, CEO, CLDC said ‘ For CLDC it is an important endorsement of our work and in particular of the dedication, capability and integrity of the SICAP team. It is a great credit to their work and their frontline SICAP colleagues around the country. Many congratulations to all the SICAP staff’
Read the Department of Rural & Community Development press release here
The Western Development Commission has launched a new interactive map for social enterprises operating in the western region covering Clare, Galway, Roscommon, Mayo, Sligo, Leitrim and Donegal.
To date they have identified 288 social enterprises within the region but believe there are a lot more to capture. If your social enterprise is not on the map, now is your opportunity to increase your visibility and highlight the services you provide.
We are encouraging all social enterprises in Clare to complete a short survey to register and confirm their details on the map.
The survey can be accessed here The map is available here