CLDC under it’s Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) have a Training Support to Employment (TSE) fund that may help people who are unemployed to complete a training course that will lead to employment.

Applicants must;

  • be a minimum of 9 months unemployed
  • have Leaving Certificate, QQI Level 5 or less
  • be experiencing disadvantage

Training Support to Employment (TSE) Fund Criteria

  • All applications are subject to eligibility and funding constraints.
  • Training courses must lead directly to employment/self-employment.
  • The focus is on short-term courses, maximum length is 12 months.
  • Only courses up to and including QQI level 5 will be considered under this fund.
  • Industry related training can be considered.
  • Applications can only be made towards the cost of course and exam fees, no other costs are eligible.
  • Only one successful application is allowed per year.
  • If in receipt of a Social Welfare payment, evidence is required if unsuccessful in accessing funding from DEASP
  • The maximum amount of funding anyone can apply for is €500.
  • If the course cost exceeds €500, they will have to show that they are able to pay the additional costs.
  • If the course cost is under €500, if successful with the application, SICAP will aim to cover up to 90% of course costs with the remaining 10% covered by the person, subject to availability of funding.

For Further Information Contact: Helen Derham 087 9328168, hderham@cldc.ie

Share This