Manual Handling Course – 2018
Our course is designed to teach participants correct lifting techniques to prevent back injury by educating how to safely approach, and risk assess a heavy lifting situation. With a combination of interactive online videos allowing flexible learning and hands-on experience, this course aims to impart on the learner the knowledge needed to operate safely in the modern workplace..
We aim to teach reasoning behind correct lifting.
- Imparting the ability to recognize unsafe hazardous lifting situations.
- Carry out a risk assessment of the task.
- Occupational injuries.
- Understanding the 8 principles of safe lifting.
- Lower the chance of possible occupational industry
- Anatomy & injuries
- Principles of Health & Safety
- Training techniques
Cost: Free To Jobseekers
Period: Half Day
Kilrush Community Centre
Co-ordinator: Aisling Halpin
Phone: 065 6866800