Business owners – do you need staff?
Clare Local Development Company can help!
CLDC will help you recruit people who qualify for JobsPlus – a scheme that rewards employers who employ jobseekers on the Live Register.
JobsPlus is designed to encourage employers and businesses to employ people who have been out of work for long periods. The Department of Social Protection pays the incentive to the employer monthly in arrears over a 2-year period. It provides 2 levels of regular cash payments:
- A payment of €7,500 for each person recruited who has been unemployed for more than 12 but less than 24 months – see ‘JobsPlus for young people’ below
- A payment of €10,000 for each person recruited who has been unemployed for more than 24 months
Employers must meet the following conditions:
- The business must be registered as a PAYE employer with Revenue
- The employer must be compliant with Irish tax and employment laws. Employers will be asked to give an officer of the Department of Social Protection permission to check your status with Revenue and to obtain a Tax Clearance Certificate using Revenue’s on line service.
- The employer must offer full-time employment of over 30 hours per week, spanning at least 4 days per week. The eligible employee must be on payroll and subject to PAYE and PRSI.
- Employers must give details of workforce prior to application, where an increase in the work force is not evident employers will be asked to provide additional information to the Department to support the application.
Since 1 January 2015, under the JobsPlus Youth part of the scheme, the qualifying period for JobsPlus for jobseekers aged under 25 has been reduced to 4 months. It remains at 12 months for other jobseekers. Eligible young people will be given certification that they qualify for the JobsPlus subsidy and they can use this when applying for jobs.
More information can be found here https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Jobs-Plus.aspx